We’re Hiring! editorial marketing manager
It's official! Our team is growing and if our vibe resonates with you and you are a self-starter who loves to take initiative, over-deliver on projects, are punctual and enjoy working with a fast-paced, positive and inspiring team then keep reading and consider applying.
Our team is half virtual/half local, all fun! We believe in creating high quality, super entertaining and always valuable content that facilitates transformation for our audience. That idea should light you up if you're thinking of join us.
your role as our EDITORIAL MARKETING MANAGER:
The Editorial Marketing Manager is the hub of our business. As our editorial marketing manager you’ll develop marketing strategies and content, and execute the plan using data, customer information and other analytics to increase engagement and build relationships with our audience while providing exceptional value.
You'll develop and manage complex deadline-driven projects with team members, designers and contractors.
Although we are a mostly virtual company on the day-to-day, you'll be required to travel once or twice a year for live event support and team retreats.
We're looking for an editorial marketing manager to research, write, proofread and publish online content and we hope it's YOU!
Your responsibilities include producing a monthly roundup of at least 10 podcast content ideas that align with our content themes, researching the latest concepts, methods and findings in sales, confidence and mindset, and optimizing written pieces to increase user engagement.
You'll also be tasked with providing weekly reports of how our content is impacting our audience and our bottom line (think numbers, metrics, engagement and SEO analytics).
If you have excellent writing and editing skills in English and experience managing editorial calendars, we want you to apply immediately, if not sooner ;-).
Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published articles, content ideas, any social media content, ads and/or sales copy you may have created along with your application.
Ultimately, you will produce engaging quality content that serves our audience, boosts engagement, and leads to sales.
- Write up project plans, manage all tasks in the project management system, provide regular status reports and document each project following standard operating procedures.
- Research and develop content topic ideas for podcast episodes, blog posts, social media posts and email newsletters.
- Create talking points for podcast episode ideas
- Evaluate the current editorial (blogs, videos, etc.) and digital sales assets (sales pages, promotions, opt-ins, etc.) and coordinate and integrate them for the most effectiveness.
- Create and maintain our content grid (sample will be provided)
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles
- Update our website and social media pages with new content
- Gather testimonials from clients and students to create marketing content
- Schedule social media posts
- Review, modify and create evergreen funnels that apply to programs, products and membership.
- Work closely with design team to develop leadpages, sales pages, guides, and opt-ins for our audience
- Craft and send our weekly newsletter (always including a CTA to get the reader to engage with a piece of content or join our programs)
- Interview industry professionals and use online sources to research topics
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Manage + update the editorial calendar (grid to be provided) and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement (e.g. bounce rates)
- Develop and implement engagement and re-engagement strategies, increasing the lifetime value of members and referrals (welcome system, waitlists, etc.)
the nitty gritty Requirements
This is an independent contractor position.
A fast, reliable internet connection is a must.
You must be available at least 5 hours of the Eastern time zone (NYC) workday.
Highly proficient in online marketing, including the latest digital strategies.
Proficient in social media platforms for advertising, sales, customer engagement and program delivery.
- Proficient in software platforms including LeadPages, Google Docs/Drive, Asana, Excel, Zoom and webinar programs.
Infusionsoft or ConvertKit experience a major plus.
Excelling English writing and editing skills
Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- Attention to detail
you'll fit right in if you are...
Highly outcome focused and personally accountable.
Articulate and effective at communicating.
Strong critical thinker who can break down complex issues and use data to make decisions and solve problems.
Highly proactive, raising issues early and suggesting solutions.
Deadline-oriented and proactive about making revisions before missed deadlines.
Great at creating clear agreements, following through and holding others accountable.
Someone who loves to go above and beyond, and finish a project ahead of schedule.
Fun and open to joking around on the regular.
Ok with being on our Instagram stories (we love to show behind the scenes and you're going to be part of that scene, babe!)
Super creative, love to travel and are all about BravoTV and reality shows (not a requirement, but just for fun)
Always listening to a podcast in the background or an Audible book while working out or driving around town (this will be part of the research you'll do)
please do not apply if...
- You do not meet the requirements listed above
- You're not comfortable taking initiative
- You're not used to working virtually and don't have the discipline to show up for a work day from home.
- You're chronically late in life and with work projects (we do NOT miss deadlines)
- You are an entrepreneur building his/her own business <-- This one is important. We do NOT want an entrepreneur to fill this role. If you're an entrepreneur, we want you focusing on building YOUR business, not ours.
Application deadline: July 31, 2018