I’m Rachel Luna, best selling author of the book, Successful People are Full of C.R.A.P. (Courage. Resilience. Authenticity. Perseverance): A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting it Together & Achieving Your Dreams, speaker, + Chief Confidence Creator here at RachelLuna.Biz.
I help remarkable individuals just like you get clear, confident and taking consistent action, so you can do that big thing you were born to do. I’ve helped thousands of people around the world through my book, weekly emails, speaking tours, workshops and digital courses.
I’ve been invited to speak all around the globe from Good Morning America’s Tory Johnson Spark & Hustle tour and Princeton University to as far away as Germany and Japan! I’ve also been featured in Latina Magazine, Success Magazine and am a Huffington Post contributor.
FUN FACTS ABOUT MOI
Just a few lil' things I thought you might like to know...
- I've moved more than 15 times in the last 10 years and currently live in 29 Palms, CA aka the middle of nowhere. Seriously, I'm at least 45 minutes from the nearest "big city" which isn't a big city at all. Fingers crossed, we'll be moving down to San Diego in a few months but we'll have to see what the United States Marine Corps decides.
- While I love my daughters Isabella and Valentina with all my heart and would give my life for them, I resent them at least once a week (this is a significant improvement from last year when I resented them once a day, haha!). Mompreneurs, can you feel me?
- I love to travel and have been to over 18 countries, but I'm afraid of flying. Lesson of the day: Never let your fears stop you from achieving your dreams!
- I have a tattoo on my leg that says U.S.M.C. Decisions Determine Destiny - oh, I'm a former US Marine who served 10 yrs and am an Iraqi War Vet.
- I have clocked in over 10,000 hours of 1:1 coaching over the last 7 years - that's a lot of sessions! Hey, I guess that makes me an expert! ;-)
- Chocolate. I love chocolate.
THE LONG STORY
My life shouldn't be as amazing as it is today...
At least not according to statistics...
My parents both died of AIDS, my brothers, sisters, and I were all split up. Truth be told, I don’t even know where a few of them are.
Two eating disorders in my early teens, a battle with severe depression, a stint in AA, and some other less than brilliant choices all could have made me yet another stat.
But, as a Christian woman, I’ve always known that God purposed me to do, be and achieve more than I was giving myself credit for. Today I stand in awe of my gorgeous family, adventurous lifestyle & financial freedom, and wonder — how did I get here?
Growing up in the concrete jungle of NYC...
I dreamt of twinkling lights, red carpets and cristal-clinking galas. I thought I was destined for fame. But a conversation at Footlocker changed everything.
I was 16 when a co-worker said she was joining the Marine Corps. Even though I was 4’11, suffered from activity induced asthma and was athletically challenged (I was the girl who made excuses to get out of gym class), I wanted in!
As crazy as it sounds, I wanted to prove to myself I could do it. I also wanted to find a way to learn how to be a fit and healthy person and end my eating troubles once and for all. At 19, I enlisted in the Reserves, lost 18lbs and became a half-marathon runner.
Four years later, I was deployed to Iraq. After returning to the U.S., my journey took me from the audition rooms of LA (where I kept forgetting my lines) to scraping by on waitress tips to the prestigious boardrooms of Goldman Sachs. I found corporate America dull and Hollywood egocentric, so I went running back to my beloved Corps.
Eighteen countries & four languages(ish) later, I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life!
Life's too short...
In 2006, I was stationed as a caregiver for wounded warriors at a hospital in Germany — it changed EVERYTHING. Here I came to know men with missing limbs, gruesome burns and other life-altering conditions. Their positive determination to rebuild their lives forever changed my outlook — life’s too short to continue living other people’s dreams.
I knew I wanted to combine my love of performance with my desire to change lives, but wasn’t sure how to do it. I also had a lot of debt (over $40,000 to be precise), failed relationships and plain ole fear weighing me down.
So, I invested in myself and hired a life coach to help me work through the sludge — and it paid off! Within ONE year (I kid you not) I got completely out of debt, ran my very first ½ marathon (and kicked my eating disorders for good!) met & married the man of my dreams and clarified my calling:
helping others find the clarity and confidence they need to step into their full purpose and do thoseBIG THINGS they were meant to do.
I don’t tell you this to brag — today my life is far from perfect — but to let you know YOU TOO can live your dreams, have an amazing business, financial independence and blessed relationships.